Thanks to the aforementioned local thrift store, Don snagged two oldies for mere pennies apiece:


And a special thanks to Jacie who aids and abets my addiction with glee, handing me my very first Sara Groves album! Jacie's a (shameless) self-professed SG junkie herself, and she will do anything to fill the ranks of devotees. I must confess I am indeed a happy target! A good holiday effort by Ms. Groves, although I think she guzzled a little too much eggnog when writing that questionable mariachi version of O Holy Night, with a thousand too many Glorias ... As Aidan put it during our first go-round, "Mommy, how many times is that lady going to sing Gloria? I just don't like it ..."

Come on, festive friends ... send your recommendations my way. There's always room on the shelf ...

4 comments:
You know Steven Curtis Chapman is my all-time favorite Christmas album. Every year at this time I'm contemplating adoption because I hear, "All I really want for Christmas (is a family)" over and over and over. Matt isn't convinced as of yet! We also love the Bebo Norman Christmas album. Such a glorious time of year--and the house looks marvelous!
Yes, SCC's album is a good one -- although another one of those that took me about half a year to come to really like. In fact, just heard it yesterday while washing dishes, and was singing that VERY same song this morning while readying for church!
I felt especially sad looking at that album as I "upacked" it, seeing his little girl all dressed up, and now who is not celebrating Christmas with them this year ... Although she's now with the Newborn King in person, so it's quite a celebration for her now! I'm sure this will be a bittersweet holiday for that family.
OK, Bebo Norman ... have to look that one up. But that name! :) Thanks for the tip!
I have a confession...one of my alltime favorites has to be the Carpenter's Christmas album (am I dating myself?). I just LOVE her silky voice. OK, and it can even do double duty as a tacky Christmas item, per another post. :)
Other absolute Christmas favorites: Vince Giraldi (Charlie Brown), Hillsongs, Kenny G, Josh Groban, the Messiah, and the Nutcracker
We have Charlie Brown in both CD AND vinyl format -- which means it's a definite winner in our house.
Hillsongs? Never heard of it -- which means I have to borrow it for a good listen-to. :)
Same goes for Josh Groban -- he tends to fall on the side of cheese sometimes, but perhaps that might work for a Christmas album. Any chance for a loan or two?
Post a Comment