Sunday, January 3, 2010

An Unexpected "Gift"

While I have been keeping up my blog, it hadn't dawned on me until this morning that I haven't heard/read a single comment from any of my usual readers. Huh, I thought ... I guess everyone is just so wrapped up in their holidays that they haven't been checking in. That's OK ...

I had something on my mind this morning (although it's now gone, the fleeting thing) and as I was about to hit "New Post," I noticed that someone had left a comment on a previous post. That's odd, I thought. I didn't know that was there. I read it, then scrolled down to the next post, discovering more comments ... What's going on here?

Oh, how wrong I was! This was not a case of ceased blog traffic ... There were comments galore! A few weeks' worth of comments, just waiting to be read ... and I never saw them. Why?

Nothing but a "duh" thing. A big "duh" thing. A few weeks ago we had changed our telephone/internet provider, and I never thought of changing my email notification to the new address. So every time a comment was posted -- and thank you all, so much, for staying connected! -- I never received the notification. Right ... duh ...

So I just spent quite a bit of time reading all of your lovely comments -- it was so good to hear from all of you, as belated as it was. I was happy to hear of your Christmas celebrations, of your fun in the snow, of the cyber-slapping after my Facebook "slam" (hee hee -- perhaps that could be a New Year's Resolution? Although that won't bode so well, since A) I don't make New Year's Resolutions because B) I never keep them) ...

Ah, to have such wonderful friends! A true gift indeed!

No comments: