Last night the kids and I were playing charades. It was Aidan's turn, and he immediately started making the motions of vacuuming. So, naturally, I said, "Vacuum."
"No," he said. "It's a verb."
So much for the no-talking rule.
OK, so it's a verb. He continued the vacuum motion, so I said it again -- this time "vacuuming." But again, he shook his head no.
Then he scampered about the living room a bit, making bizarre gyrations with his skinny arms. I was baffled. He then went back to that darned vacuuming motion.
"Do you give up?" he said.
I admitted defeat.
"The word is ... CHORES!" he exclaimed.
"Aidan," I said. "'Chores' is a noun." No wonder I was confused.
"Right," he said. "But I am DOING the chores ... so it's a VERB!"
Lesson learned:
Never argue grammar with a 7-year-old.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is so funny! lol
Matthew keeps arguing with me about what a compound word is. Cracks me up.
Oh sister...I don't argue ANYTHING with a 7-year-old. :)
I am a new club foot mom and have enjoyed reading your story. I have noticed you mention a club foot board several times and was just wondering which one it was. There seems to be so much info out there!
I also really enjoyed this story about your son. I am a teacher and 7 year olds are so funny!
Post a Comment