skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A Good, Good Day
There are days when my kids clearly do not like each other. They practically spit each other's names out with contempt; they purposefully look for ways to pester the other. Somewhere over the years Aidan had staked his claim on a particular chair in the living room, his favorite haven, his spot to watch TV. There are days when Grace will go out of her way, just to stand a little too close to personal-space-boy in his chair, knowing it will erupt into loud protestations. And there are days when Aidan will insist he needs to play with the very toy that Grace just picked up, even though the toy is specifically designed for a toddler. There are days when Grace bites her big brother because he's gotten in her way; there are days when Aidan will shove his sister because now she is in his way. Yes, there are those days ...
And then there are days when their bond is the sweetest thing I have ever seen, when their adoration for each other is apparent, even when you can't see them, playing elsewhere in the house. I never know what kind of day it will be when we all wake up in the morning. Thank you, God, that today was the latter kind of day. The kids set up camp in their bedroom this morning, playing so quietly and lovingly together. This is what I saw when I walked past their room:
Yes, I love these kinds of days. A lot.
No comments:
Post a Comment