Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Three-In-One
One two three. Man. What a blow. I "lucked out" with a quick trip to the doctor this afternoon, figuring a near-week has been long enough for his suffering. I had expected the usual, "Yep. He's in kindergarten. We see this 200 times a day. Go home. It'll work it out. Drink liquids. Don't forget the co-pay."
I didn't quite expect that trinitarian response, however. Three issues, four slips of blue paper brought to the pharmacy. I can't wait to see that bill when I return later for the pick-up.
My poor sick little guy.
Can't wait to see how it all turns out with Grace now.
I'm thankful, though. I'm thankful my kids are healthy overall, despite the occasional shared bug -- it's all part of being a kid. While I might fret over the pharmacy bill, I'm thankful that at least part of it's covered by insurance. I'm thankful that there will be an end to feeling miserable. I'm thankful for a friend, a kindred spirit, who is providing dinner for us tonight, knowing that when a mom is sick, and dealing with sick kids, thinking of dinner usually doesn't even make it on the day's agenda. Simply surviving the day is the top -- and only -- priority.
Just a few more hours ... just a few more hours ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment