Tuesday, February 12, 2008

It's All in a Name, Baby!

I have been really tired lately -- in part because of a busy weekend, coupled with a cold snap, and a sprinkling of the fact that I hit these depleted wells every once in a while. As far as writing goes, the synapses have been fizzling more than firing lately (not a good sign with a big church newsletter waiting in the wings), so this morning my mind drew a blank. No topics today; nothing stellar occurring in my life to write about. In fact, things have been so oddly quiet that it's making me a little nervous. This knee-jerk feeling stems from what we endured at our last church (indeed, even before), this fretting about the quiet before the potential storm, for whenever we experienced a lull, we could bet our life's savings (if we had any) with 99.9% certainty that something "bad" would come swooping in on its heels. And sure enough -- in some bizarre, uncanny way it did. This is an unhealthy cycle of thought, really. I need to move out of it somehow. This isn't how God wants me to live. I want to feel OK in these quiet spells, these drama-free moments, to see them as gifts instead of worrying that as soon as I take a breath the whack-a-mole mallet will come crashing down. Part of my journey has been stumbling upon the rock of realization that I'm not sure how to live a "normal" life. In the churches in which we've served, we spent a tremendous amount of time "fighting," of strategizing, of discovering that being faithful caused ... well, problems. It shouldn't be like that, but that's what we faced. That was our reality. So now, with that behind us, we are facing a new way of living, and strangely enough it's not easy. You get stuck. It's incredible how people can really mess with your head ... and you're left to put the pieces back together.

Hmmmm ... it's funny how someone who says there's nothing to write about just spewed out a paragraph of something lurking in some dark brain-corner. :) What can I say ...

So, since I had "nothing" to write about, I went to the funny website where I gathered the "coffee quiz" from a few weeks ago, a site full of these random quizzes that produce a few chuckles. I clicked on the first one I came to (an easy one requiring a minimum amount of thought -- in fact, requiring basically no thought at all) cracked me up, a great way to start my day. Check it out!


Your Rockstar Name Is...



Chocolate Agony


What's Your Rockstar Name?

Don did the "quiz" too before he left for work this morning, and his new moniker is "Jello Danger." Awesome. So, friends, give it a try -- and share the results with me because sometimes (OK, often ... OK, OK! All the time!) my sense of humor is quite juvenile and it truly makes my day. :) At 35 years old I like blooper shows, gag reels, "America's Funniest Videos" ... just the other day I watched some "Outrageous Moments" show and laughed hysterically, tears spilling from my eyes, about a horse race with the announcer going nuts, shouting that "Hoof Hearted" was winning ... trying saying that name fast. :)

Chocolate Agony ... oh, what a day this will be!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just call me "LOCA SUGARLIPS" - ha ha! - Michelle

Anonymous said...

Fun test, only I chickened out at the end when it asked for my cell phone number and a free trial enrollment in something...am I too paranoid?

TOO funny about "Hoof Hearted"! I'm still laughing about that one. (you gotta know they named it that on purpose!)