Some people have parties on Friday night. Some go to the movies or out to dinner. So what do we do in our house? Forget the movies -- we can't afford it. Forget the parties. Forget the kegs. Forget the masses of people. All you really need is a Grandma-Cancer-Survivor and her trusty wig to provide hilarious entertainment.
It first started with a joke. A knock-knock joke, to be exact. Aidan threw out a few of his favorites:
Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Amos.
Amos who?
Amos-quito bit me!
Then my mom thought she would join in. But here's the thing -- my mom is still suffering from a condition called "chemo-brain" where ... well, your brain just doesn't always work the way you want it to. Here's her knock-knock joke:
Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Knock-knock
Who's there?
Orange.
Orange who?
Knock-knock.
Who's there?
Banana.
Banana who?
Orange you glad I didn't say ... orange?
I'm still laughing over that one, even as I type. It's not the joke that's funny -- it's the chemo-brain version of it. Grab the tissues -- the tears were rolling.
Next came ... well, there are just no words to describe it so pictures will have to suffice.
I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.


Pictures of a dorky family? Perhaps.Pictures of a family loving each other and having boundless fun?
Absolutely.
It's a great way to laugh in the face of cancer.
It's a great way to spend Friday night.

1 comment:
Oh my gosh--these are hysterical! Aidan's is perfect as he doesn't even have a hair peeking out. Hooray for all of you laughing in the face of all of it. Thanks for letting us laugh with you!
(Jennifer--as always!)
Post a Comment