Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday Miscellany

It's Monday morning and one of those days which feels like I'm moving in slow-motion. We had a busy weekend, most importantly celebrating my dad's 72nd birthday (Happy Birthday, Dad!) with a low-key party on Saturday. Fun times.

I just finished labeling my archive of posts, thrilled to be finished with such a monotonous, tedious task. At least now my thoughts are organized a bit.

After a few months' hiatus, it's time once again to dive into the spring issue of our church's newsletter. The template is all set to go; now I'm just waiting for the articles to trickle in so I can get to work. The last issue was a scramble, with several articles arriving after the due date, and some not making an appearance at all. I'm hoping this time things will be different.

On tap today are rather mundane tasks, most importantly tackling the myriad loads of laundry spilling out of the hamper as well as chipping away at the mountain of dishes waiting to be washed. In 5 minutes I will get the kids dressed and get Aidan started on a Valentine assignment -- making cards for his cousins in the midwest as well as one little card for each of his classmates. His class is having a Valentine's Day party and each child must bring little cards for all of the kids in the class so no one is left out -- that comes later in middle and high school when the pretty girl in your class gets flowers and cards and you get nothing. It's nice that "fairness" is a requirement for now.

Technology graced our abode once again, this time in the form of a webcam attached to my parents' computer. My brother who lives a thousand miles away sent it to them so my parents can see their five little girls -- older twins and baby triplets. Travel is a near-impossibility right now, so it's sweet to have the opportunity to see them while we talk. Don hooked up the system yesterday afternoon and we had great fun, watching their robotic movements as the motions couldn't keep up with the conversation. It was nice to see the triplets for the first time, now six months old. Aidan declared to the older twins, "Send me a Valentine's card! I'll send one to you too!" So that's our activity for this morning.

Time to get going. I wish I could turn on a switch to evaporate this morning fog in my brain. Maybe a few trips to the basement with my laundry will do the trick.

Blessings to you on this day.

No comments: