Sunday, February 24, 2008

Snow Day

We finally -- finally! -- got "The Big One" on Friday. Of course, Murphy's Law struck once again, after wishing for the white stuff for weeks, only to arrive on one of the very worst days possible -- my aunt's memorial service. More on that later. The kids, though (and, admittedly, myself included) were ecstatic to see the snow fall and fall, hour after hour, the inches steadily rising. I was surprised that Grace had some difficulty once we got out there in the afternoon, struggling with her mitten-restricted hands, crying once she got them off and, bare-skinned, covered with burning snow. Not a fun moment for my usually adventurous, outdoorsy girl. I have a hunch she'll be an Amazon jungle guide rather than an Arctic explorer or Everest climber.

Here are a few snaps of our snowy afternoon, a pictorial testament that we did indeed finally get a winter worth its weight in ... well, snow.

Grace makes a new friend and promptly puckers up
(we'll have to work on this when she gets older)
Aidan the Older and Experienced One had no trouble in the fluffy stuff
Helping with the shoveling chores
Grace finally succumbs to mittens and hat, and can now enjoy herself
My angel -- with a side of snow
OK ... now I'm satiated.
I'm ready for spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen, sister! Let the daffodils bloom...