
In the car today, running errands around town, Aidan once again pulled out one of his Golden Questions:
"Mommy, does a platypus live in the ocean or lakes?"
Hmmmm ... I was stumped. For some reason I didn't think it lived in salt water, but then I wasn't sure what kind of lake it would take up residence in. After going back and forth, I had to admit to my boy that I just wasn't sure. Frankly, I don't think about the platypus often. Or ever.
"That's OK," he said. "When we go home, we can just look it up on "platypus-dot-com-"The Mystery" and then we'll discover everything!"
For some reason, that really struck me funny. I did poke around a bit, for fun, and there is indeed a website called "platypus.com" ... but rather than unveiling the mysteries of the sea creature, it featured some contemporary artist in California.
I love what goes through his little brain -- and the intense enthusiasm that goes right along with it. Even if it involves the odd, duck-billed, platypus who now has a champion in a little boy.

No comments:
Post a Comment