To survive the sweltering heat, we blew up a few pools -- the big one for the bigger kids ...
... and the Princess of the Day got her own little wet realm, which suited her just fine.
Even girlie-girls can play with the Big Boys, here engaging in saving the world as Super Heroes, and, of course ... Super Girl!
Mommy is secretly digging all this girlie stuff too.
And, of course, the day wouldn't have been complete without a Cinderella cake, which made Grace's eyes light up like never before.
So how are we spending our Sunday? Quietly, at home. I think all of the activity -- not only the birthday, but the serious stuff too over the past month or so with her clubfoot relapse, my own stuff going on, Aidan being ... Aidan, at times ... kids being kids, and so on. I woke up this morning feeling like I too had a birthday -- my 87th. I felt rotten -- not sick, but just completely fried. Don needed to take it easy today anyway and had planned to stay home from church, so the kids and I joined him. I just couldn't do it. Even if I mustered up some non-existent energy to get there, I would never have been able to focus, I am that wiped out. So here we are, a quiet Sunday morning -- we finished watching Erwin McManus preach on a podcast, and now Don is sleeping on the couch, the kids -- who just finished eating The Backyardigans (or as Grace says, The Fartigans!) fruit snacks -- are quietly playing with some of Grace's new toys (while Grace busies herself with a Little People Circus, Aidan has taken over the new Bristle Blocks), and I am starting to feel my spirit starting to slowly put itself back together again, not even thinking what lies in store for me this week. Today is just that ... today. Quiet.

1 comment:
I love the pictures--it looks like she's having so much fun, and that the rest of you are, too! I'm smiling at the "girlie" presents and their resultant pleasure, as you know this isn't the typical theme of our house. Perhaps I'll one day pull out my Barbie dolls to play with on my own, but for now, I'm loving our truck-filled home! Celebrating with all of you--and hooray on the quiet Sunday. Sometimes it is just so necessary.
Post a Comment