Thursday, July 10, 2008

He Really Needs To Start His Own Blog ...


My "I'm not interested" husband asked me to write another post for him, last time recounting his youthful experience at the Smithereen's concert, and now his glee over something else. Actually, it is quite a fun story -- one of those experiences that fall into the "This never happens to me!" category ...

A few weeks ago he went to some training seminar for his current line of work (which, for those of you who might not be aware, is "Episcopal Priest-turned-high end A/V home theater & home automation installer" ... I actually put that as "father's occupation" on Grace's medical form, haha!). At the end of the second day of training, he called me on the cell phone on the way home, giddy and verging near big-man giggling.

"Guess what? I won something!" he exclaimed.

Ooooo-kaaaayyyyy ... where's this going?

As it turns out, he had put his name in for a prize drawing, and actually won the item -- a super high end Universal Remote Control (MX980, he said over my shoulder, lest I leave out the most important part!). High-end indeed, worth hundreds of buckaroos! What are we going to do with it? I asked.

"Sell it!" he said. And sure enough, within a few days he sold it for a nice hefty sum, half of which slipped right back out to purchase a new processor for our computer, which has been running like a 92-year-old man at the Boston Marathon. Scratch that -- there probably are some incredibly fit 92-year-old men who can indeed run the Boston Marathon. I'll just say the computer was running like ME at the Boston Marathon ...

That is a pretty cool story, actually. Not only winning something (which doesn't happen often) but winning something big, not some trinket or dorky fridge magnet or a nice shiny logo-encrusted pen. OK -- so I didn't quite mind posting this little nugget, since I also benefit from it. My, blogging now is so speedy ...

But still -- he really does need to start his own blog.
Yeah, and I think the chances of winning something are greater than that ever happening.

No comments: