I am a bookworm. Am I ecstatic that my kids also share my passion for reading? Am I overjoyed that they voluntarily pick up on books on their own, without any prompting from me? Does my heart overflow when I hear them quoting lines from favorite stories? Well ...

Maybe.
(Jack is saying either "I didn't do it!" or "Yeah, good luck with that, Mom. That's what you get for encouraging them.")
1 comment:
Oh my gosh--it is such a scene, isn't it? I have cleaned that pile of books more times than I can count. And suddenly, just as quickly, our kids are (kind of) taking care of them. Of course as I write this, I remember a few weeks ago when Lucas took out every single book in his bedroom....so perhaps there is still a learning curve. But it will get better, and thank goodness they love books!
Post a Comment