Saturday, June 16, 2007

Laugh Lines for the Week 6

- In PA, in the office of Grace's foot doctor: we had just finished our visit (having waited with record speed a mere 1 hour) and were on our way out when Grace had a meltdown. The last item on the agenda before leaving was to pay a visit to the bathroom. I think Grace's outrageously loud outbursts shut my brain down to some extent, because I grabbed Aidan's hand and walked into the men's room. When we walked out, Don was still standing outside the door with a somewhat-pacified girl in his arms. He said to me, "You know, you went into the men's room." I'm still trying to figure out why he didn't tell me that before I entered ...

- I have a new Yankee Candle that I really like called "Green Meadow." It had been burning long enough, and Aidan asked to blow it out. He loves to blow out candles for some reason, but he knows he must always ask first. Anyway, I said yes and so he did. Grace witnessed the entire thing, and when the flame went out she burst into song, "[Mum-ble Mum-ble] to you!" Apparently all candles indicate someone's birthday, and it is her duty to sing it.

- Aidan is quite fascinated with pooping and is never slow to express his pride at a "rocket poop" or some other similar feat of nature. Today was another such day (guess the prunes are working) and he exclaimed with tremendous gusto, "Mommy, just look at this giant poop! Phew - I feel so much better already!"

- Grace was puttering around the yard, sniffing various flowers (before attempting to decapitate them). In one pot on our patio, I placed my mom's very tiny windchime -- a hummingbird attached to a little stake, with the little metal rods dangling from the bird. Grace loves that thing -- it's very tinkly and sweet. Yesterday she found a new purpose for it. "A with-ull!" she said, promptly sticking one little rod into her mouth and "whistled" (or rather, humming) a little tune.

- Aidan was playing with his Power Rangers outside in the yard. He was experimenting with the best way to maximize the occupancy of the jeep. Finally he exclaimed, "Mommy! I have a fabulistic idea!" Oh, baby, it doesn't get any better than that!

No comments: