We returned home yesterday after a few days back in PA. It was a mixed experience: great, anxiety-ridden, fun, painful, productive, bittersweet. After a four hour trip back (which usually takes two), and yet another late night for the kids, today was one of those bone-weary, exhausting days. I could not shake the fog in my brain; Aidan whined constantly and oozed an obnoxious attitude; the kids wouldn't play very well together; I roamed about trying to unpack and get things back in order. I was reminded why we don't ever go on vacation (I'm not kidding -- we don't): not only is the time away exhausting (kids out of their element, etc.), but the return is equally -- and if not more so -- taxing beyond belief.
I have a lot to write about -- good blogging fodder. But not tonight. I will say that I returned home to a hefty inbox, and I enjoyed going through my emails. One was sent from a friend who is consistent with emails that will make me laugh. This latest caption suited my day perfectly:
So I'm back for a while. But right now I'm going to bed. As Grace would say, "Ni-Ni."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment