I believe I am turning into one of those pesky parents that call their child's school constantly over every issue imaginable. My big hang-up is (as usual) money -- the school's need of it and my lack of it. Well, not lack ... just a need to hang on to it, as every proverbial penny does indeed count. When we moved here on the first of February, I scrambled to find Aidan a new school, since he was abruptly torn from his other one (trigger, trigger). I was very thankful that I was able to find one, mid-year -- a good preschool at my youngest brother's church. They sent their kids there, and my sister-in-law arranged everything for me. He now attends three days a week (W-F) in the afternoon. While to me it seems rather expensive, I have discovered that it's clearly an average expectation around these parts.
Here's my dilemma: I feel gypped. Aidan started class during the latter half of February. However, with several snow days and a holiday thrown in there, he was actually in the classroom for a measly 4 days. $193 for 4 days. Ouch. I paid the bill and didn't say anything.
Now we're into June and I'm facing a similar dilemma. His last day of class is Thursday, June 7 which means, again, this is only a 3-day month for him. $193 for 3 days. Again, ouch. My sister-in-law encouraged me to call the director, believing that she would waive this last payment considering the situation. But I've been so hesitant to do it -- I hate calling. I've called the director about 4 or 5 times already over various other money issues -- all of which were cleared up easily in a conversation -- but still ... I don't want to be a nit-picky parent who rings up every time I get an invoice. I just get incredibly uncomfortable when I talk about stuff like this. I mean, every other parent has to pay June' s tuition, and it's not their fault my son had to start mid-year, so why do I feel I should be exempt? Ugh. I don't like this at all. But I also don't like my meager bank account to be emptied of $386 for 7 days (or rather, about 17 hours) of kiddie school. Aidan has a potential two more years at this school -- I don't want to blow it so early in the game. And yet my questions are valid, they are mine. Ugh - talk about a fork in the road!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
There's no need to feel guilty for being an advocate for your child, yourself or your family. Do what you gotta do, girl!
Post a Comment