OK ... so I have two choices here: I can be a "glass half-full" kind of girl, or go the other route of the "glass half-empty." As I went to bed last night, I still wasn't sure how I was viewing that glass.
Glass Half-Empty:
- Don't EVER do "tree night" when your husband is tired and cranky.
- Don't EVER let your husband talk you out of putting on a CD rather than a record ... even though you know better; even though you know that the kids will be crazy with excitement and will jump around, which you know causes the record to skip; even though you know that when the record skips your already tired and cranky husband will really be pushed over the edge ...
- Don't EVER do "tree night" only a half hour before bedtime (although that couldn't be helped, since your tired and cranky husband came home late from work due to unexpected overtime, which was the root cause of all this tiredness and crankiness).
- Don't EVER look at The Mystery Tree's girth ... because there isn't any ...
Glass Half-Full:
- It's a tree! It's a tree!
- It was only $20!
- OK, so it's a bit on the skinny side ... at least it was bigger and better than the other 4 that were in the lot
- It's a tree! It's a tree!
- It smells great and it looks really pretty with all the lights.
OK -- I guess that glass it looking pretty good. It was fun, it was easy, it was inexpensive ... and if Charlie Brown could love his little wilted friend, then I can wholeheartedly embrace our tree-on-a-diet.
Seriously, though, it was fun, it was a mystery, and our house does look beautiful.

1 comment:
Why no pictures of Don?? :)
The tree looks great...
Post a Comment