Monday, December 15, 2008

Some Christmas Kiddie Humor

My kids have been in a "rare mood," as my mom (or grandma?) would say -- meaning ... well, I'm not quite sure what that means, but they have been so witty, so funny, and in such great moods that we've all been benefiting from it.

I for one have been relishing all of the funny comments and witticisms that have been pouring forth, and I can't keep up with them all. Some I've managed to capture here, but others have been so in-the-moment that they've already slipped by. Yet there were two winners yesterday that I couldn't let go. Thankfully I had a piece of paper nearby.

***************************
We tape up all of our Christmas cards on our kitchen door, creating a festive collage of sorts. Don received one in the mail from his seminary alma mater, a beautiful card with a photograph of Canterbury Cathedral on the front. As we were eating our meal, Aidan looked at all of our cards and spied the new one. Grace, too, saw it for the first time, and both kids said the same thing ... sort of ...

Aidan: "Hey! Is that Disney World?"
Grace: "Hey! Is that Kidney World?"

****************************
Aidan received a small wooden Nativity set after the Kids' Church program yesterday, as did all of the kids ... except Grace. She was none to pleased with that exclusion, but thankfully Aidan has a big heart and usually doesn't mind sharing with his sister. He let her hold it in the car on the way home, but made sure he set her straight with his list of instructions. After informing her what she can, and cannot, do with the set, he left the most important thing for last:

"Now, Grace, you must listen to me. This is very important. You may not put the Baby Jesus in your mouth!"

Oh, how funny that sounded ...

No comments: