Monday, December 22, 2008

Nothing to do with Christmas, but ...

Even Clubfoot Moms have to have a little fun in a support group. Snagged this from our online board today and got quite a chuckle. Sorry if the font is a bit too enormous for this blog -- I don't have the time to re-type the whole thing, what with dishes to wash and groceries to put away and laundry to do and lunch to make and Christmas cookies to bake for Mr. Bill the Bus Driver ...

Several men are in the locker room of a golf club. A cell phone on a bench rings and a man engages the hands-free speaker function and begins to talk. Everyone else in the room stops to listen.

MAN: Hello

WOMAN: Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?

MAN: Yes

WOMAN: 'I am at the mall now and found this beautiful leather coat. It's only $1,500. Is it OK if I buy it?

MAN: Sure, go ahead if you like it that much.

WOMAN: I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the new 2008
models. I saw one I really liked.

MAN: How much?

WOMAN: $125,000

MAN: OK, but for that price I want it with all the options.

WOMAN: Great! Oh, and one more thing...the house I wanted last year is back on the market. They're asking $2,050,000 for it.

MAN: Well, then go ahead and give them an offer
of $1,850,000. They will probably take it. If not, we can go the extra $200,000 because it's really a pretty good price.

WOMAN: OK. I'll see you later! I love you so much!

MAN: Bye! I love you, too.

The man hangs up. The other men in the locker room are staring at him in
astonishment, mouths agape.

He turns and asks: Anyone know who this phone belongs to?


No comments: