
Looks like the first snow storm of the season is on the way, threatening to arrive within the hour ... or thereabouts. From various reports (i.e. hyped-up media which loves to spread panic) we're due to get anywhere from 3 to 12 inches of powder. Gotta love that range, eh? Welcome to NJ where the weather cannot seem to be predicted accurately.
Whatever -- something is coming. We got the call early this morning (5:40 a.m., thank you very much) saying that school is canceled. The kiddies got up at 6:30 a.m. anyway despite my best (er, I mean, cranky) efforts to get them to go back to sleep. What kid doesn't want to sleep in on a snow day??!! This kid does, that's for sure. Too bad that bit o' DNA is dying with me.

Our therapy session is still on today -- so far, at least. Don -- Mr. "I Grew Up in the Poconos" -- keeps telling me I'll be fine, I can drive in drifts, we have all-wheel-drive, etc. I don't mind driving in it -- I'm a pretty good driver. It's the crazy speed demons in the other lanes that freak me out.
Tonight is Don's Christmas party for his work, something I've been looking forward to for weeks. I will be sorely bummed if it's canceled, although George -- Don's boss and host of said party -- said the shin-dig will go on despite the weather. They have a beautiful home, excellent catering service, I get to dress up which I so rarely do ... no, I do not want to miss this.
It's in the air ... I can feel it. It's beautiful.

No comments:
Post a Comment