It's 31 degrees outside, although with the windchill it must be far below that balmy figure. And ...
I just turned my heat on, for the first time this season. I believe this is a record. But with our living room thermostat reading an admittedly uncomfortable 60 degrees, and my chilled and sluggish (oh, that word!) fingers struggling to keep up with my brain, I had no choice.
I'm relieved that I'm finally back online, after 24 hours of no phone and internet/email service. Three days ago we switched to the Optimum "double play" deal (just voice and internet - no cable), and what happens? We lose everything. Talk about frustrating ... although it was an interesting window into how I spend my time, for I never realized how dependent I have become on my email communications and internet use, not to mention the necessity of having a telephone. Apparently a newbie was fussing around on the pole yesterday, hooking up another neighbor, and in the process he completely disconnected our service. Gotta learn somehow -- and what a pleasure it has been to be his guinea pig.
It's been a frustrating week, aside from the telephone snafu. Our wonderful weekend plans for a child-less getaway to Cape Cod for Don's work (Christmas party) this week has been foiled ... by Don's work. I'm not sure when I've last felt this disappointed, but interestingly, I've also learned there's no point in lingering there. We'll make some Christmas lemonade out of these weekend lemons somehow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What happened with the party???? E-mail me!!
Oh, no--I was so hoping you would have that time away! Share more when you can!
Must be in the air. We had to cancel Craig's Christmas party this year too due to high snowfall, sick child and a last minute sitter issue.
Sorry to hear you didn't get away.
Post a Comment