Their excitement was contagious this morning as the snow fell harder and harder, and began to pile up a couple of inches. For about 15 minutes, we set about the sweat-inducing task of tugging on boots, mittens, snow pants, and so on ... and then I pushed them out the door.
Ahhhh ... quiet ... peace ... Perhaps I can get something done.
"Mommy! My mitten fell off!"
Fix the mitten.
Ahhh ... back to the peace ... I put a few misplaced toys away.
"Mommy! Come look at my snow angel!"
Walk to the window. Give a thumbs up.
I went to check my email ... and got as far as sitting down.
"Mommy! We need our shovels!"
Run to the basement. Grab shovels and dispense.
I have a few bills to pay ...
I got as far as getting the bills out.
"Mommy! I need a carrot!"
Grab a few baby carrots out of the fridge. Open up the window and dispense.
Back to the bills ...
"Mommy! We need the slide!"
Where is that peace and quiet?!
Find my boots and tug them on. Go outside and get laughed at by Grace, who thinks it's hilarious that my hair is turning white. Drag the huge plastic slide into the middle of the yard so they can slide down and land in the snow. Go back inside, take off my boots ...
Where was I?!
"Mommy! We're done playing outside!"
I used to love winter ...
Now -- not so much.

3 comments:
That is hilarious! I love that you turn the mundane moments of life into moments of humor... Wish we were there to play!
they look like they had fun!
Too cute.
I have to beg my kids to come in even at -35C..
Post a Comment