Wednesday, August 5, 2009

For the Love of Grace

Have I ever mentioned how much I love my little girl? And how she brings such joy, such laughter into our lives?

Her hilarious egocentric episode on Sunday was soon followed by a great outpouring of love for me, her precious Mommy. These moments crack me up, for even though I know she means it, she does it all with such ... flair. She turns on her inner actress as she sets about gushing with love.

She floated -- yes, floated -- up to me yesterday, as I was sitting on the couch. She leaned against me, half resting in my lap. She closed her eyes half-way, I suppose in an effort to present some sort of alluring figure. Her hand gracefully extended, resting on my hair, stroking it lightly. She placed a very serene smile upon her face as she leaned in.

"Mommy," she said, breathy voice and all, "I love you so much!"

"Well, I love you too, baby," I answered, as she began to caress my cheek.

"Yes," she nodded slowly. "We love each other. And you ..." she planted a kiss on my cheek ...

"You are ... so ... nauseous."

Talk about being caught in a tough position -- do I accept her tokens of love with all the seriousness in which she presents them? Or do I burst out laughing?

Aidan answered it for me, as his little voice piped up from the other side of room where he was coloring.

"Grace, that's not right!" he corrected. "She's not nauseous ... she's ob-nauseous!"

Obnauseous?
Did he just call me obnoxious?

Yes, I believe he did ...

And laugh I did.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was SO FUNNY!!!! I am lmao! They are hilarious!
- Love, Michelle

Jo-Ann said...

Bwaaaahaaaahhaaaaa!

Out of the mouths of babes!

Anonymous said...

I think she meant "gorgeous", Sue...yeah, that's definitely what she was trying to say ;0)
-Michelle