Thursday, August 13, 2009

Stand-Up Comedian She is (Apparently) Not ...

Grace is in a wonderful mood today -- full of crazy hilarity and plain old silliness. On the way to the doctor's office, she decided to lighten the mood with a few jokes.

"Everyone, I have a joke!" she announced with gusto.

"Grace," Aidan commented, "I have to tell you ... you don't tell very good jokes."

She was undeterred. "What did the dump truck say to the other dump truck?"

"What?" Aidan responded, quite reluctantly.

Grace threw in a pregnant pause for effect (this girl has instinct!), then delivered the punch line: "Because it was dumb!" (Mommy's observation: I think she believes it's a "dumb truck.")

"Oooohhhh," Aidan moaned. "Grace, that just wasn't funny."

She was still undeterred. "Knock knock," she said.

"Who's there?" answered Aidan, again reluctantly.

"Because he ate an egg!" she yelled with glee, bursting into crazy laughter, "AaahHAAHAAHAAHAA!"

Aidan paused for a moment. "Grace, now you really have to listen to me," he said sternly. "You do not tell good jokes. I think you need to stop."

Her laughter continued ...

No comments: