I admit that I can be a pretty complex character -- especially in regard to my interests. I am a rather highly intellectual person (or, perhaps, was ... I feel as if I am on hiatus from that stage of life, with Dora the Explorer usurping Dante or Camus) yet I religiously watch America's Next Top Model. I am deeply interested in matters theological, doctrinal, and historical, yet I am addicted to Harry Potter. All in all, I make up a pretty eclectic mixed bag when it comes to my interests.
This came to the forefront today when I, and the kids, paid a visit to our local library. We checked out a slew of books for Aidan, as well as some kids' videos (two episodes of Calliou -- blech! blech! -- and a digestible Blue's Clues DVD). Then I played my pipes and lead my little charges to the grown-up section to get my own videos, to watch on those evenings when I collapse on the couch from a feeling of being oh-so-done with my day. Here's what I came away with today:
Biography of P.T. Barnum
Biography of Lizzie Borden
Biography of Stephen Foster
Biography of Lili'uokalani (last Queen of Hawaii)
Documentary on the making of the Transcontinental Railroad
Even I had to laugh at the strange salad these films make. Don's feeling tube-ish, on this eve of his birthday, and he's utterly worn out from his first tough-but-good day on the new job, so he's cloistering himself in the kitchen with his gadgets. I'm ready to settle down with hatchet-wielding Lizzie Borden, savoring a good 19th century scandal ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment