skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Snip-Snip
This is it. Friday's the day -- my hair is coming off. Well, not all of it but certainly a great deal of it. A while ago, in support of my mom, I made a pact to cut my hair as she lost hers from chemotherapy. OK, OK, it took a while for me to get my act together -- and admittedly I got cold feet too -- but I'm committed. Part of my problem was finding just the right person for the job, since I've had some hair debacles in years' past (well, maybe not debacles, but certainly not what I had wanted) and I've played it safe for many, many years. Friday I'm taking the plunge. I found a photograph that looked promising, so with that in hand -- and my sister-in-law by my side -- we're heading out to the home of her friend who cuts hair, followed by a celebratory (I hope) lunch.
I'm very nervous. Your hair is what -- partly -- defines you (which is why losing it to chemotherapy can be utterly tragic for women). But that's the point here -- I'm doing it for my mom, who lost her hair again, and perhaps I'll even have enough to donate to Locks of Love for the third time in my life. That would be cool. But still ... I'm nervous. I will always remember what a friend told me -- never get your hair cut when you're going through a major change in your life. Well, I've certainly been through enough changes lately, and while hanging on to my hair has been somewhat of a Linus-blanket thing for me, maybe this is a good thing, part of a transformation inside and out.
Yikes. A few more days. Better start snapping some "before" photos ...
5 comments:
NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO HAIR CUTS! THIS IS NOT POLITICS. Please do your mother a favor avoid cutting your hair as an act of solidarity and take her for lunch.
She needs your friendship not a short hair daughter. AUGH!!!!!!!
Sue, hooray--I'm so proud of you! I couldn't get an apptmt. here until next WEds., but similarly, I'm ready with my photo and trying not to get cold feet. I have a MAJOR work event coming up on october 12th--big time public engagement at which I will be at the center, and I'm thinking my timing is awful, but I'm still going for it. So post some pictures--keep me brave! :)
Oh please your not going to cut your hair are you? My goodness why would do such a thing? There are women who would love to have such hair.
I've heard that so often -- women would love to have my hair (until they knew how difficult it is to deal with! Ugh!) ... that's why I'm hoping to donate it to be used for a wig, so a woman (or child) can indeed have "such hair."
Jen -- show me your photo if you can! Is it better than the photo I showed you?
What your husband think about your cutting your hair? He may like it long so you best keep it. Lest he get upset and teary eyed. I know many of my girl friends who like to look their best for their man. The chance of him straying is never something you can say won't happen. So my advice is leave your hair be girl,leave it be... True love can be fleeting like hound chasin a rabbit into the woods.
Post a Comment