Sandy took my kids for about two hours this morning -- a gift that defies description. Lately, because of the heat and humidity (and, in Aidan's case, illness), my kids have been playing in doors ... all day, every day. That's fine, in theory -- but there is limited space in our home and somehow they seem to take over everything! It's tough to clean up in that environment -- I lug a toy or set-up out of the living room so I can clean in that area (or simply trying -- in vain -- to keep my living room looking like a living room and not Romper Room), and by the time I come back another toy is in its place. I tried deep breathing, counting to infinity ... and finally just got to the point where I couldn't take it anymore. Stepping over Barbies, tripping over Hot Wheels ... I needed to organize -- badly! With the kids away this morning, I didn't get it all finished but at least some of it is taken care of. And it felt good to breathe!
I think we are all happy to finally be outdoors -- Jack included. Here are a few shots of a perfect lazy summer afternoon ...
When Power Rangers meet My Little Pony ...
Somehow it works!
Somehow it works!
Yes, the pup is FINALLY feeling like his old hound dog self. I believe he is completely over the surgery (stitches come out Tuesday), and he is pain-free. Even his back seems to be improving -- not 100%, but much better than before. He tires easily, and sometimes he slowly hobbles up the stairs ... but it's good to have ol' Jack back.
Have you ever seen a picture of a dog lazing in the sun? On its side, fast asleep ...
Beagles can't do that. They can't turn off their noses. Jack finds a nice spot, his body shifts, you can see he's clearly relaxed ... and then something -- anything! -- will float by him, wafting in the breeze ... and the nose twitches. The head moves with it. No, a Beagle cannot fully relax outside ... and he loves it.
Beagles can't do that. They can't turn off their noses. Jack finds a nice spot, his body shifts, you can see he's clearly relaxed ... and then something -- anything! -- will float by him, wafting in the breeze ... and the nose twitches. The head moves with it. No, a Beagle cannot fully relax outside ... and he loves it.
Yeah ... YOU ...

2 comments:
Ah yes, toy migration. We have that here too. I am constantly ferrying toys from one locale to the next.
How nice to get a few quiet hours. It never ceases to amaze at the amount of work I can actually do without my little unhelpers around.
Have a nice weekend!
Power Rangers meet My Little Pony?! Toofunny...wouldn't you want to listen in on that for a little while! Aidan's a good brother. :)
Post a Comment