After a very, very long day -- cranky, clingy children, a Mom who was ready to jump out of her skin at hearing the next whiny squeal of "Mommy!!" -- I was blessed with some good news. I was cleaning up the yard, which was cluttered with Power Rangers, Thomas trains, musical instruments, various animals, and Little People (I'm not kidding -- it was that kind of day, and I won't even mention what the interior looks like) when my parents came home from a visit to the oncologist. It was a routine check-up, but it was also the source of our good news. Last time, a test was done to determine whether or not there were some random cancer cells floating around her body, little microscopic hoodlums just itching for trouble. This afternoon the doctor delivered the verdict:
Zero. Zippo. Nada. No cells. No cancer.
Wow. Wow. My mom is cancer-free! Yes, we have months of chemotherapy in front of us, and all of the lovely side effects that tag along, but now we know that the chemo is basically acting as supercharged Drain-o, just flushing out her system once and for all.
Cancer-free.
Hallelujah!
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment