Friday, August 10, 2007

The Girl of the Hour

Our trip to the mall was a success. Despite the cold rain (not a bad thing, really, after intensely hot days) and finding a parking spot about half a mile away, we made it and all in good moods. We picked up Grace's portrait package and of course like the Sucker Mom that I am, I bought two extra sheets that they printed out of a different portrait. Here's my girl:



I didn't order this one above, but I sure am tempted. Should I? Should I? See how indecisive I am?

When we got home, we went right upstairs to give Grandma her 5x7 to put on the piano, along with all the other grandchildren, a few wallets and a 3x5 of the bottom picture for their fridge. My oldest brother and his son came over unexpectedly, so all three kids are playing (quite loudly) together. I could see the noise and craziness was getting to my mom, so I shuffled all 3 kids back downstairs. Grace adores her cousin, Steven, and here she is with two of her favorite guys:

When I picked her up to head back downstairs, she said to my parents, "Bye, Mama. Bye Papa." Then she looked at my brother and said, "Bye Big Steve." I guess she hasn't figured out the concept of "uncle." So now it's "Big Steve" and "Little Stevie." Works for me!

Is this truly the same little girl who screamed like a banshee and threw the biggest fit of her life at the portrait studio? The girl whose screeches pierced the ear drums of innocent bystanders? The girl who is now immortalized in photographic portraiture as the perfect angelic cherub? I am truly amazed at my daughter.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Lovely pictures!