Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Ending Up ...

I have a small number of blogs I visit regularly, most of them belonging to friends, but there's one blog upon which I stumbled a few weeks ago entitled "The Caffeinated Librarian." The name caught my eye first, having been a caffeinated librarian myself in my not-so-long-ago past, and even though I have no idea who this person is, I enjoy reading her posts. Anyway, one recent post listed a few of her favorite quotes, and the one that jumped out of at me is this:

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be." - Douglas Adams

Minus the God-element, this struck a chord with me. I have certainly not gone where I intended to go ... but I'm still not sure where I've ended up. I'm in the author's comma, the middle ground, the no-man's land right now. But here's the promise: I will end up somewhere. And my faith says it will be where I am supposed to be.

My pot is getting stirred up once again; this post-vacation leg of my journey is getting rocky and draining (already!). But here's what it has been feeling like for me lately, that I'm not walking but rather lying on my back and floating down the river with the current, which will continue to move despite my actions. Maybe that's all part of the process.

I echo the words of the oh-so-human father of the son who needed healing: "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!! as usual. You are a gifted writer.
Your Brother from New Jersey