Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mid-Week Humor

Aidan asked, "Daddy, what did people use before computers?"

Don's reply, without skipping a beat: "Their brains."

*****************************
WHAT IS IT?

I was cleaning up the yard yesterday afternoon I came across this. It took me a while to figure out that it is ...

... my mom's hair! Yes, it's falling out, big time. Each morning she sticks her head out of her second-story bedroom window and gives new meaning to the jingle, "I'm gonna wash that gray right out of my hair." She gives her head a good shake to rid herself of some of it and lets the wind take care of the rest. I showed her this tuft that got stuck in the grass and we got got a good laugh out of it. We also had fun playing with the word "hair" ... or is it "hare?" You'd be surprised at the many hair jokes you can come up with when you're inspired. And who knew that the act of losing one's hair is actually very painful? I suggested she shave her head and get it over with, but I guess she's not a shave-your-head kind of woman.

Uh-oh ... I guess this means I'd better schedule an appointment soon with a hair stylist, to make good on my effort of support for my mom. Figures -- I'm getting cold feet. I've been through major crises lately, one of which is my own "identity crisis" ... so would changing my identity once again (in regard to my hair) be too traumatic? Or is it part of re-inventing myself, in a way? Or is it simply saying "I love you, Mom" in a tangible way ...

No comments: