Friday, August 10, 2007

Odds and Ends

- Strap yourselves in: we're ready to ride on the Cancer Coaster. My mom's doctors have conversed and their game faces are on. They figured out the "best" drug combination to fight this dastardly devil and Monday we're set to go. My mom seems strong -- I think she's in her "pull up your bootstraps" phase right now: do it, attack it, kill it, be done with it. Yes, she'll lose her hair (and I'll probably lose mine) but our prayer is that it will save her life.

- Yesterday we were driving in an area that, for some reason, reminded Aidan of the area of his first home in PA. "Are we in H----?" he asked? No, we're driving to your cousin's house. Then we started talking about the three homes he has lived in already, and I asked him which one he liked best. "Oh, this one!" he exclaimed without missing a beat. When I asked him why, he said, "Because I get to go upstairs and see Grandma and Grandpa every day. And if I didn't, I would miss them
sooooo much." That was good medicine for my mom to hear.

- Today we're going to pick up Grace's portrait. Despite the agonizing ordeal, the final result will be worth it. This shows you how much of an indecisive person I am: I sent the online "proofs" to my mom and my sister-in-law Michelle. Both of them liked the one I selected, but they both liked #2 better. Oh brother. And of course, now I'm preferring that choic
e as well ... Guess I'll be purchasing an extra sheet or two.

- It's a rainy day today. We're indoors. "Onward Christian Soldiers" et.al is on yet again. Desperate (play) times call for ... Mr. Incredible. Whatever works, kids. All I want to hear are giggles.


- I think Grace is hurtin' for a true girly-girl friend. She played dress-up with her "pretties" (jewelery) yesterday and Jack was the default participant. I'm not sure how thrilled he was, but at least he was in an indulgent mood. I knew when he had enough when he kept following me around, looking at me with his big brown eyes, "So are you gonna take these dang things off now or what?!"

Oh, see the orb?! Or whatever it is? And I just cleaned!


No comments: