Tuesday, January 27, 2009

He is SO His Daddy's Son

"Daddy, guess what I'm learning in school?" Aidan asked at the breakfast table this morning.

"What?" asked Don, scrambling his eggs.

"I'm learning how to tell time -- digital and analog."

Don whipped around, utensil in hand, mouth hanging open in gleeful surprise. Analog?! Analog?! Did the boy just say the A-word? Could it really be so?!

"All right!" exclaimed Don, clearly pleased that his boy is learning the important things of life. He wasn't about to let this moment slip by. "Now, Aidan, let me give you a little quiz."

"OK!" Aidan bubbled excitedly.

"When I play music on Apple TV, what kind of music is it?"

Without skipping a beat, Aidan said, "Digital."

"Right!" shouted Don. "Now, when I play a record on the turntable, what kind of music is it?"
"Analog!" said Aidan, giggling his famous bubbly giggle.

I don't know whose eyes lit up more at the close of that little exchange: the Big Kid or the Little Kid. But these two Kids are clearly cut from the same -- digital? analog? -- cloth.

No comments: