Don likes a hearty breakfast before he heads off to work, and his usual fare consists of eggs and grits. Lately he's been making grits with a bit of chicken stock mixed in, which doesn't seem too breakfasty to me, but he loves it. I'm not much of a morning eater, and usually just sip my coffee while Don and Aidan eat their morning meals.This morning, however, was a bit too much for me to handle. The usual eggs and grits were on the menu, but what it actually looked like was a bit stomach-churning. Now, while Don is cooking up his meal, he is also heating soup on the stove to take along in his thermos for lunch. To thicken up the soup, he always adds frozen corn, just to give it a little uumph. I guess he had a little bit of corn left over, so he added to his chicken-stock-laced grits. He plopped it on his plate next to his eggs, with everything running into each other, and the entire thing just looked like ... well, the only word that came to mind was vomit. Seriously. He couldn't wait to dig in, but I couldn't wait to run from the room. It really did look horrible.
Aidan's response to it was more charitable than mine, and much funnier. When he saw the plate of ... well, you know ... he instantly frowned and turned his mouth down into a look of horror.
"EEEEEEWWWWW!" he exclaimed, "That's sooo gross! Daddy, you can't eat that. It looks like a FOOD SWAMP!"
Indeed!

1 comment:
Hi,
I just found your blog through a bloggy friend (http://refriedbeansandsalsa.blogspot.com/2009/01/various-om.html) and wanted to stop by and say hello. I did not have time to read all of your blog to find out Grace's medical history but it looks as though she has a clubfoot. My oldest was born with an atypical left clubfoot. He is now 6 and we are dealing with constant regression, surgery, AFO's, serial casting, botoxing and physio. I read a bit of Grace's physio and am jealous and may have to steal a few ideas for our house too.
I am going to add your blog to mine so I can follow along.
Jo-Ann
Post a Comment