Do not be scared off!
Yes, you are seeing something different.
No, you are not on the wrong site.
Just playing around with my blog, feeling that ever-present urge to change something, too afraid to alter something big in my life, feeling OK with changing something small ...
I get tired of things. I recently visited the brand new blog of my friend Sandy, loved her template, and ... well, "borrowed" it. (Hope you don't mind!) I like the new look. I need color.
So stay put, don't go away, keep visiting and reading and connecting. My sweet Pentecostal girl is having a rough morning ... too much "spirit," perhaps. Time for lunch, school, and (hopefully) a great nap for her. More to come.
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sue, I read your comment on my blog..thank you! I shall keep your mother in my daily thoughts and prayers. Here in Florida people do "Dr. Shopping: and they keep searching for he or she who will tell them what they want to hear, and to give them more and more prescriptions...I was struck by your title to this Post...as I preached a sermon on the one thing which we as humans cannot handle "rejection: when someone says 'stay away and don't come near." Our intial reaction is to wonder what I or we might have done wrong - when in reality it is nothing - the problem just might be in the person saying. When Phyllis died 15 years ago this week - I learned a very difficult lesson about people, about Christians, about myself: I found that people avoided me afraid they didn't know what to say, or in a weird sense thinking they might "catch" the same thing. and I wanted to shout at them Please don't go away...but come, sit, and share my tears as well as my fears. Yet, seen as the "shepherd,' the expert in helping others...well. I found and reread again and again Henri Nouwen's THE WOUNDED HEALER , the author I knew personally before his death.
He shared with me, and others, these words "No minister can save anyone, all that he or she can do is offer themselves to a fearful people as the wounded healer..." the wounds for me are many, but so is the love shared with my daughters, and son in law and grandchildren...and people like yourself who write of their dreams and journeys...and 'minister' in a special way to those who read them...thank you.. i like the changes...
Sue, I am deeply flattered that you were inspired by my blog to change your look! It's only fair, after all, since your blog was truly one of my greatest inspirations to start one myself...Too bad I find myself spending more time reading yours than writing on mine!
Post a Comment