January 5, 2007
A year ago today, our lives fell apart.
At least, our lives as we knew them.
I have always been a big observer of milestones, anniversaries, and the like -- good and bad, acknowledging what has been, what has come, what will come of it. A birth, a death, a milestone -- all are meaningful and somehow acknowledged.
But this ...
This is too much.
I've been on some kind of journey this past year.
There are no real resolutions, no answers, no sense to it.
Too many thoughts today. It's too complicated. How blessings and misery can be bound so tightly together makes my head spin. Today is a day where words fail me, where the thoughts refuse to come together, where insights remain hidden. It's too much.
It's a good thing today is "regular" day. Little girl sick; dog going to vet; dishes to wash; Christmas stuff to put away; a turkey to cook. I have to plenty with which to occupy my swirling mind.
One year ago ...
It's utterly unbelievable.
The journey continues, somehow, despite the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment