Today is turning out just fine. Don is working and that's a bummer, but so far three good things have occurred:
1. I looked out my kitchen window this morning and saw that my little baby bird (from a few posts ago) is alive and well! His mother must have stashed him somewhere for safekeeping, and not only did I see my little friend, but his mother and sibling were there too. Both little ones have grown (the other had been in the bird bottle this entire time) bigger and fatter, but still with that lovely soft down on their bellies. I assume they'll be flying very soon, due to their hoping and wing-flapping. When my little guy disappeared the other day I had hoped for the best but assumed the worst (is that how the saying goes?), figuring that if he indeed met his demise, then at least I didn't have to see it. But now they're back and doing well, and I was very pleased.
2. My parents and I met my sister-in-law and headed to the local parade. The kids absolutely loved it, even Grace who was waving quite enthusiastically to everyone who passed. Aidan loved the cars passing by, picking out the ones that looked similar to characters in the CARS movie, and he eagerly looked for the flying candy. My brother Jim drove one of his company trucks (landscaping), and in the back were a bunch of kids (including his own two boys), pulling a float of flowers. It was a joy for me to see my kids really getting into the whole thing.
3. Now we're back home, and the kids are outside having a ball with this crazy sprinkler thing that Aidan calls "the flippity-flop." I absolutely love hearing their giggles and squeals, and I love the fact that they play so nicely together (for now, at least!). I'm going to make lunch and then it's naptime. So far this day is going great, the start to a good holiday weekend.
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment