- Every afternoon, after story time, Aidan and I take a nap together in my bed. He was a horrible sleeper as a baby, so this was the only way I could get him to take naps -- and the "habit" still continues (I'm not complaining!). We had a good, old-fashioned, major Sunday afternoon nap and this time he woke me up after two hours (!!!). He snuggled with me for a couple of minutes, and then changed position so he could lay his head on my stomach. He suddenly looked up and said, "Mommy! Your tummy is talking! It says you need some pie." Ummmm ... I don't think so. Pie is the last thing my tummy needs, but thanks for the thought! :)
- When asked if Aidan wanted a hamburger or a hot dog, he replied, "I'll take a hamburger ... but a regular one, without the ham."
- After going to the bathroom, Aidan came out into the kitchen laughing hysterically. "Look, Mommy! I have on two underpants!" Sure enough, under his jeans he had two pair of tighty-whities. Boy, did that look odd!
- Playing "soccer" in the backyard with Aidan, with one of those 12" multi-colored balls you get at the grocery store. I kicked it rather hard and it sailed through the air, smacking him right in the forehead. The look on his face was priceless.
- Lunchtime: the object, grape applesauce. The culprit: Aidan wracked with spontaneous, side-splitting, intense giggles for absolutely no reason, immediately followed by the spewing forth of said dessert over the kitchen table (followed by even more intense giggles).
- More clothing issues: Aidan got himself dressed, and midway through the morning I noticed that his shirt looked a little strange. I took a closer look, only to find that he forgot to take his pajama shirt off, which was still under his T-shirt. Someone hasn't been paying much attention to the process of dressing lately!
- Reading "Moo, Baa, LaLaLa" (Sandra Boynton) to Grace:
A cow says moo. A sheep says baa.
Three singing pig say LA LA LA.
"No, no," you say, "That isn't right.
The pigs say oink! all day and night."
Rhinoseroses snort and snuff and little dogs go ruff ruff ruff!
Some other dogs go bow wow wow! And cats and kittens say MEOW!
Quack! says the duck. A horse says neigh.
It's quiet now. What do you say?
Grace's reply: "Aaaaa-MEN!"
Saturday, May 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment