Grace has more "maternal instincts" in her mere 22 months than I ever did in 22 years. From early on, her favorite sidekick was her doll, "Bee-Bee." I guess all little girls do this kind of thing; I just never expected it to show up in my little girl at such an early age. At times she can be such a tank, tackling her brother (and making him cry), beating on him with stuffed animals while laughing hysterically, climbing precariously on the wall in the yard, etc. But then there are moments like this: pure love, affection, nurture. She hugs her doll, feeds it (a technique she is still developing, as the bottle gets shoved not only in the mouth but in an eye, an ear ...), rocks it and sings babbly songs to it, wraps it in a blanket and says, "Shhhh! Quiet!" I had no idea those instincts, that capability, even that concept could be coming forth yet, but it's a joy to watch. She's priceless.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I often find R hugging stuffed animals, and putting them to sleep under dish rags. When they wake up, she bosses them around--lots. Is being bossy a maternal instinct too? :)
Post a Comment