Wednesday, February 4, 2009

For the Love of Mystery! (Or: When in doubt, use the Long "E")

I received a pretty cool email from my friend Wade yesterday -- a little video of a "miracle" staircase at a chapel in Sante Fe. Watch the video first and then I'll proceed with my tale.



Well, the music wafting from the computer speakers brought my techno-boy running. "Oooooh, Mommy, what's that?" he asked excitedly.

"Just stand here quietly and watch," I said.

We watched the video together and read the captions which told the story of the "miracle." Aidan was absolutely enraptured. When it was over, he admitted he only understood a bit of it and asked me to tell him the story. So I did.

His eyes were wide and shining with excitement, his smile beaming. "Oh, Mommy! This is great! I just love mysteries! And it's a miracle, too! Can we please go to" -- he glanced quickly at the computer screen "... Santa Fee?"

Santa Fee. That cracked me up. When in doubt, he defaults to the long "E" sound ... like the other night when he saw a trailer for the new Star Trek movie coming out. Or as he said, "Star Treek!"

For the love of mystery ... and miracles, and sweet little boys.

No comments: