I had a good night's sleep -- that's a good start. But the others? Well ...
Thankfully Grace is on the mend, her usual chipper, chatty, engaging little self. However, she woke up terribly congested -- something she hasn't had (yet) -- so I'm not sure if we're looking at Round #2 or just the tail end of the first blow. She asked me for a tissue so she could "put it on the inside," indicating that it's all in her sinuses and running like a waterfall down her throat. Lovely. Still cute even in her congested state.
Don's a wreck, informing me that he's staying home today. I'm wondering if we can bend the law a bit, since he's now sitting in the chair in the living room with his little work laptop in place, doing ... well, work. It's nice that he can work from home, so maybe he won't be blowing one of his flex days after all.
And we've even encountered a miracle this morning ... it's 8:00 a.m. and Aidan is still asleep. Trust me -- this is truly a miraculous event. And now, as I type these words, guess who has just plodded out of his bedroom ... figures. Oh, that's OK -- he needs every extra minute of sleep that he can get. Now if I can only get him to get those fluids down ...
And of course, since we need to share the love throughout the entire family, even Jack seems to be ailing again this morning. I can't figure out what's wrong -- his tail is down, curled between his legs, but he doesn't seem to be presenting with the usual back pain ... although just now I see that he can't jump up on the couch. Looks like it's his back ... again. Until he starts shaking, I guess we'll just keep an eye on him. We have a bottle of pain pills left over from the last episode (a mere 2 weeks ago?!), so I'm hoping those will suffice and spare us yet another visit to the vet. That's one thing we cannot afford to take on ... but we do love our dog.
So -- any bright spots to my Monday? Sure -- Grace is happy with no signs of her obnoxious attitude of yesterday. Aidan, while still feverish, is chatting cutely with his sister, alert and OK. Don is home which means that perhaps I could get out and do some things I've been needing -- or wanting -- to do. My Project Attic, started a few weeks ago, has since remained untouched -- I have just not been able to get back up there for a variety of reasons. But now with Daddy home, perhaps I'll tackle that this morning, in between loads of laundry, while I have the energy.
And dare I entertain the thought that, perhaps, I can treat myself today? Our local giant thrift store is having a 50% off sale -- that alone just cracks me up. Don suggested I go, just to poke around. Maybe I can find a cute new purse for 75-cents, or in a too-soon effort to scratch the itch of the spring bug that has bitten, I might find a hip little skirt or dress for the casual warm days (far, far) ahead.
So yes, this is a mixed blessing kind of day. Off I go to jump into my work, take a shower, and perhaps reward myself later on with a thrifty outing. Enjoy your day off today -- if you have one -- and find those blessings, however mixed, in your own day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment