Sunday, February 15, 2009

A V-Day Success, and Other Tales

Well, I'm happy to say that the threatening forecast for a doom-and-gloom Valentine's Day turned out to be a good old happily-ever-after kind of day. The sick kids made it through the day (watching far more TV than I think they've ever watched in one sitting), Don fared well working all day for a friend, our dinner of sweet corn chowder was warm and comforting (although admittedly not nearly as fantastic as the NPR chef claimed it would be), and thanks to iTunes we were able to watch two episodes of Big Love after all! All in all, it was a mellow, relaxing, laid-back kind of day -- good all around, despite the coughing fits and fever bursts.

Germs are still taking up residence here, this time making their way to Don who slept very poorly, due to his newly-acquired congestion (and when Don doesn't sleep well, you can imagine that I gather nary a wink myself). Grace is about 95% better, so this morning -- despite my bone-weariness -- we two girls made our way to church, while the two ailing boys stayed home. Aidan's fever is still lingering at an uncomfortably high level, with no dent being made by the Tylenol. I have a headache enough to crack a mountain range in two, so I'm ready to heartily embrace my lazy Sunday afternoon: flannel lounge pants, warm sweater, a lunch of leftover soup and homemade corn bread, ibuprofen, and -- hopefully -- a much-needed nap.

Tomorrow is another day ... one that I simply do not have to think about right now.

No comments: