Well, the varying degrees of illness in our family continue to battle it out. Our new morning tradition of a "fever contest" had a new outcome today, with Don and I coming out the winners at 102-point-something, and the kids tied at 99. I don't care so much about the former (although I do feel like crap); I'm really happy about the latter. Aidan has to be fever-free for 24 hours, so my plan (oh, how I love to plan!) of this being his last day before he returns to school remains to be seen. If he's still at 99 this afternoon, looks like he'll be my buddy again tomorrow. I was really hoping this would be it for him.
Oh, it's miserable being a sick Mommy. Thankfully the "new and improved" Alka-Seltzer Cold Plus is working wonders. I used to swear by this drug o' choice years ago, but at some point they changed their formula -- taking out the one ingredient that actually made it work -- and since then I haven't used it. But now it looks like they put a little bit of their magic back in -- whatever "it" is -- and lo and behold, it's working. I'm smack in the middle of the high right now, which is why I'm able to type, lightly clean the bathroom, and wipe up the kitchen counter. In another hour, though, I'll be dead to the world, hidden under a mountain of warm blankets ...
Don had every intention of staying home again today -- raging at 102, I'd say that was a smart call -- but after receiving several emails from his work, he had no choice but to go in. Another one of his colleagues -- an installer -- was also slammed with the flu but had to come in, so they can commiserate. Gotta love how understanding people can be. He hopes to be home by lunchtime so he can crash this afternoon, but we'll see. Once you're roped in, it's hard to untangle yourself.
I'm starting to tire already ... Aidan wants to work on his next "Letter Person," this time the letter L, so I'll find some activities for him. He knows his letters backwards and forwards but he has fun with this stuff. Time to pull out the crayons and sign off for the day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Gosh darn fever! Glad the kids are feeling better, hoping you feel better very soon.
Btw, I know you are not feeling well but when you are, if you are interested, I tagged you here if you want to play along.
Post a Comment